Wednesday 20 January 2010

Observer, thy name is Margaret

Last night Margaret observed my session. I think it went pretty well although I'll have to wait 'til next week to receive her feedback.

I mentioned in a previous post that I'd considered changing what I planned to deliver in light of Margaret's attendance. In the end I kept the content the same but moved things around a little. For example, there was no point Margaret observing one of my regular features - exercise, game or activity of the week - as this is learner led. I'd warned my students that I was being observed and they were as good as gold - until Margaret left that is.

I found the process of putting my session plan into the recommended format, writing the rationale and creating a task management pack for the exercises, quite time consuming. It was useful though as it (well the rationale anyway) made me think about why I was doing something a certain way, rather than just doing it. It also highlighted some areas for development as I'm not that familiar with the domains of learning and my differentiation activities leave a lot to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment