Friday 7 May 2010

It's the final countdown

This evening's class was the forth and final one which was observed and for this session I tried something out which I'd seen someone else running as part of their teaching. The other week I carried out an observation on one of the other lecturers at the College and they used some case studies as a learning method. This seemed to be particularly effective so I thought I'd have a go at writing some to run with my group.

The week before we'd covered the levels of Kirkpatrick's evaluation model so I wrote four case studies which required the learners to create evaluation strategies which could be used in the different situations. The learners were then required to present these back to the larger group.

I think this went really well and it enabled me to engage the learners in some of Blooms higher learning objectives as they were required to analyse and evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment