Wednesday 14 April 2010

Assessment feaver

The learners in my class are coming towards the end of the course so the focus of my teaching has changed from input to having an output focus. In a few weeks' time they'll be handing in their management reports so the first couple of classes after the break will be workshops. I like the less structured format of workshops although I think the challenge is to apply some structure to them, otherwise they run all over the place and no real progress is made.

This Saturday is also the assessment day for the delivering and evaluating training module which involves learners delivering a 15 minute training session to their peers. To make sure they are ready for this, I included time in the workshop (about an hour) to spend time with each of them. Although this amounted to 5 minutes each, it reassured me that what they had prepared was going to meet the criteria (with a few amendments) and reassured the learners (who were a little nervous).

No comments:

Post a Comment